Friday, January 4, 2008

The uninvited visitor

That’s what you get when you try to do the normal life with the the *not-normal* body. It plays out on you, leaving you stranded.

Knock, knock. Ms. Patient went to open her door. “Well, hello, Mr. *MG Symptoms*. Come right in,” she said, with a lilt to her voice. “Thank you, Ms. Patient. You have made me feel so welcome, and you have made it so easy for me to get inside. But it will be hard for me to stay now, if you take it easy tonight and get some real rest.

I am so very, very tired and weak today and tonight. Totally exhausted. Sitting up requires the head of the bed raised. Laying back on the pillows. No sitting crosswise the bed. :( Jim had to help me a little bit to move my legs as I was getting in/out the bed. My neck and throat feels very tight, so supper will be cream of wheat. It is easy to eat, and swallow. Not diabetic friendly, but fits the other two diet needs, the swallowing and gastroparesis. My neck muscles are too weak to support my head anymore....... why the neck pain....... why I need neck support.
This episode affected my facial muscles, making speech difficult.

I am on the downhill run now, and will be feeling better tomorrow (hopefully).

Toodles.


No comments: