Saturday, January 5, 2008

Peace

Ashely and Ashton were here tonight for a while after she got back from getting us a Starbucks. Ashton stayed here on my bed with me, even after she got back, and stayed to visit a while. He got fussy, and I held him close, rocked back and forth, and sang (of sorts ;) to him as he fell asleep. I found myself wandering into the old chorus we sang so often...... "Peace Like a River" and though I started it just to soothe a baby, it soon was soothing me. Then I thought of another verse we usually sang with it.... Joy. For me, today, in the situation I find myself with my family I love, Peace and Joy seem to go hand in hand to facing whatever tomorrow brings.

If you know this chorus, sing along, wherever you are....... aloud, or within......... whatever. Find peace and joy for your life, too.

I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river in my soul.

I've got joy like a fountain,
I've got joy like a fountain,
I've got joy like a fountain,
I've got joy like a fountain in my soul.


No comments: