Friday, May 1, 2009

Moving

Forty-seven years of moving, and now one more coming up. Of all of them, this one has to be the one carrying the most emotional stress.

April 2009. One month.

I have spent one month here. Probably I will be going to my new "home" Monday, May 4th.

Right now I do not even have a clue as what to expect.

What does the place look like?

Oh, there is no use in asking questions; I don't even know what kinds of questions to ask in the first place. This is a complete unknown for me.

Complete unknown.

:::sigh:::

I guess you might say I am more than just a little bit nervous.

Heather just asked me how I feel about the fact that I am not going home.

I really don't know. I'm thinking about it.

Going back to the beginning . . .

Forty-seven years ago when I moved, as a bride, from my parents' home to Montgomery, Alabama, with Jim.

. . . to now. Leaving St. Bernard's and going to a nursing home of which I do not even know the name at this time.

I'm thinking.




No comments: