Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The MRI tells the story

Yesterday was the MRI and blood work day at St. Bernard Hospital in Jonesboro, after which we ate at O'Charlie's, then went to Wal-Mart. Simple enough, huh? Well, let's see. Up and out of here by 7:15 a.m.! Will life ever be the same after that? What a shocker to my body. You know, I still do not remember it being that early. Jim must have given me some of that

We got to the hospital for the MRI with time to spare. Jim dropped me off at the Admissions Entrance. I waited just inside while he went to park . . . in the rain! It was beginning a light rain when I got out. He must have been a good boy, because he said it stopped raining just as he parked and was getting out

Thursday morning, and I've let so much time slip away needlessly. After that trip to Jonesboro I slept all of yesterday morning, and laid here and played Mahjong a lot of the rest of the day, feeling okay, just weak is all. This is progress. I used to need to sleep for two days after a trip like Tuesday.

I don't really have a lot to tell right now except that the doctor called yesterday morning, and said the MRI showed that I have a herniated lumbar disc. That's all. I have an appointment in September. Aghhhh. That seems so far away! Guess if I have lived with it this long a few more months won't matter. ????

We are off to see Dr. Latiff, the endocrinologist for my diabetes this morning, and Dr. Frankiln, my internist, this afternoon. Both in Memphis. A LONG day, so I day, and no telling when I get back here, But I'm up from here in a moment to get my traveling clothes on, and ready for a too-busy of a day.

See you later!

TOODLES
Striving for a world without Myasthenia Gravis

No comments: