Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Changes taking place

I've been talking about making some changes to my layout for several months now, but with all that has been going on, I haven't been able to turn loose and spend the amount of time needed for trial and error testing. All of a sudden I have found myself with all I needed to get started on that today . . . no, that is yesterday now.

Nothing has gone according to our plans today and tomorrow.

First of all, we've had to upgrade our printer to go with everything. I understand a patch is due out for our printer soon, but we just went wireless and networked with the printer now. It had been networked before, but not wireless. This will mean I can use it straight from my bed here! It fits nicely on my over-bed table. So, yesterday they deliver the printer, set it up, and make sure everything is in A-1 shape to go! I have repeated since 1986 when we learned that stress is stress is stress - good or bad. So, what did the excitement of the new printer do to or for nerdy ole me yesterday? Now this is excitement that would have the monkeys swinging from the chandeliers. Did I say "nerdy?" That was one toy for me, and one, the box, for Callie. My excitement sent me into a tailspin of a crisis last night. I would sleep, wake, sleep, wake myself with moaning, my legs hurting more and more by the hour, and really, really weak.

Poor Darling Jim. On top of his post-operative state, he picked up a virus. He started feeling bad yesterday, but oh, bless his heart, he really looked bad this morning. There was no doubt he could not make the trip to Jonesboro for the appointment with the new neurologist. He called Mark to take me, but I was in no shape to go, either. We just decided to take our chances that the doctor would not give up on us, and canceled my appointment with him yet again. It seems everything went well, and we will reschedule.

So, he with his virus, and I with my MG, we settled in for a long winter's nap while.

But what about Gubin's appointment for tomorrow? Again, we will have to reschedule. They called to remind me of my appointment before Jim could call them, so that got taken care of. The infection, and all accompanying it is better, so it is more tolerable, and favorable for extending the wait while we each get better. Plus, I am still taking the sulfa antibiotic that seems to be helping.

I think this is a good time to be off and play a little Mahjong for a while, and to look about for working on my layout. Callie will just nap.

Striving for a world without Myasthenia Gravis


Apple Joos said...

You did great! Welcome to SITS! make sure you comment on the post that directed you to me. It's our way of "Checking in" and letting them know we're commenting like we're supposed to. Thanks for stopping by!

ragdoll said...

Oh, my, thank you. Not real sure I have it straight, but will go again tomorrow morning.

Veggie Mom said...

Hey there, SITSta! Callie is adorable!! Hope you get time to put on your thinking cap and get some of your life--or at least the layout of your blog--turned around. Aren't cats great? Give 'em a bBTW, I'm pretty new to the blogosphere--pleased to meet ya!! I'm running a giveaway on my blog, so please drop by!ox over a fancy toy any day!!

ragdoll said...

Veggie mom, I think I've seen you around. . Dawn's blog maybe? I've already made some changes, but am not sure what all else I want to do. My writing is enough better for me to make a few notes.

You can bet I will be over to your place tonight. I have some play/visiting time available for a while.