Monday, July 14, 2008

Looking over the last six months of treatment and of blogging

I stated at the very beginning when I set up my blog that there would be bumps in the road, and there have been. There has also been joy! It is late, but I want to take a look at this. When I started blogging, I had been doing the IVIG since May 4th; the date of my first blog was December 12th. I started over, and over, it taking me forever to get it published that first time. First, I had to come up with a name for it. I involved Jim and Ashley in that while we were coming home from Jonesboro one night. Ashley was the one to come up with the first part of the name, and I came up up with the ending. It was to be about my life before I got married, and the early years before the kids could remember all that went on, especially in Turkey, Oklahoma, and Utah. Family stories was to be the main focus.

So, how did MG get into the mix? Honestly? I do not know. Gradually, I think. At least by the time I went through the creating stage, and filled out the About Me, and the top bar, I had added the MG and drummed up the Road to Remission, and added the Ragdoll, and . . .
well here we are today. Primarily MG, and family stories secondary. Well, MG on a daily basis actually, detailing it along with the IVIG and its side effects, unless prevented by sleep or something of the sorts as has been the case this past week as I have needed extra sleep for the MG. So, here we are fairly perky, much less pain, though I do tire quickly if I get out of my realm too much.

Did I say sleep? That is exactly what happened to me last night, and why this did not get finished. Then when I tried to get started this morning, I could not figure out what was wrong, and why I had no pictures in my Windows Photo Gallery, that was the first I remembered they are all on the other computer, and I need to move them via my external hard drive. Sounds like a busy day on the computer.

Plus, I have an appointment with the new neurologist in Jonesboro tomorrow, and all systems seem to be go for that, though I do dread going to a new doctor. That always stresses me out. You have to give them all this past information, and then the neuro exam. Look up, over here, there, follow my pen, ugh, this, that. I hope it's not too much. Just need him to be able to have a doctor there in town to be able to go to the treatment center. At least I hope it is all that is needed. All these years, I am soooo tired of doctors' appointments. After this one, I'm still needing one with Gubin, and I am*really* needing that one, and he is not new. He did all of my lithotripsies, and Jim's cancer surgery. He also addresses my incontinence, and urinary tract infections. He is a good urologist. We are going to try for one appointment at the same name for only one trip.

One of the biggest advances in the past six months is my digital graphics. Couldn't do all of this six months ago, and it feels good to be back at it. There is still quite a ways to go, but at least I am producing some.

It is noon time, and I have much to do, so it is best to close this, and get this day a-rollin'-along, moving files, and reading blogs.

Striving for a world without Myasthenia Gravis

No comments: