Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wages-Holland family night out

Brenda was here from North Carolina. Jim came up from Senatobia. Jim and Debbie drove over from Blytheville. We congregated at Outback Steack House here in Jonesboro. We had to wait a while for there to be a table large enough for the five of us, and while we were waiting, Debbie and Jim started taking pictures of each other whle she held her camera out in front of her. The *thing* nowadays. Then she started going around to each of us. Of course she was in each picture. Why not? After she finished taking pictures with her camera, I gave her mine so she could take some with it. At that time I actually thought I would be able to upload them later when I got back home, and post them that night, Sunday, June 21st. Little did I know what I had in store for me. First, we were there, laughing forever, and then when back home to the nursing center....CRASH! Actually slept in my chair for a while before creeping back into bed.

I'm just going to let the pictures speak for the evening, especially Jimbo and Debbie, and one or two of Brenda because she got quite tickled herself, though supposedly the adult of the three. Hmmm..... who could tell?

My perfect middle-age adult children





Maybe sitting on the other side of him will help

Back again....
....better


Okay, how about with his Aunt Brenda





I have a feeling I'm being left out of something.
Are they talking about me, and laughing?


Tired, but it was sooo much fun!


Mama and Daughter
When did we get to be senior citizen and middle age?


All of us...
thank you to our server for taking this picture

There you have it. From all of us, to all of you! Hope our merriment, and good family fun permiates to bring some laughter and happiness into your life today. All is not perfect in our lives, and probably not perfect in yours either, but take a few moments to laugh together today if you can. There is healing in laughter. Yes, I was tired at the end of the day, but it was worth every moment to engage in fun and laughter with my family, our first time to be together like this in many years, and after cancer threw its threatening darts at us during the past two years. Brenda, my baby sister, battled and beat breast cancer, and Hodgkin's Non-lymphoma (now clean after one year....yea Brenda!), and Jim, husband, protector of 47 years, faced and is continuing to beat (latest PSA this past week we are waiting on) prostate cancer (he is at the year mark, too....yea Jim!). Both have been affected by their cancers true, and are having to make changes in their lives, but with support and understanding from the family, they are making it day by day, step by step. We each have our own journey.

Then comes another....baby Emma (getting into the picture :), whom the doctor says is strong and healthy, and may be here a week early. Hannah, Christen, and Jennifer will be aunts another time around. Another cousin for the great-grands in the lineage. More photo work for me. We'll welcome Emma Lee Moore late July or early August. ;-)

Bye for now from the Wages and the Hollands. Brenda it was sooo good to have you join us all the way from North Carolina in this meal together.


1 comment:

Jimbo said...

Hey! I enjoyed seeing this. It was truly a great night...and I didn't even know about it until right before I headed that way. Thanks for the pics...