Sunday, June 29, 2008

Being nice and kind pays off

"Just for you, Sleeping Beauty," said Ana light heartedly as she brought me a large plate of salad after bringing me the *regular* for lunch today.

Ana has always been very special to me ever since she began working in Food Service. I think the first thing I ever asked her was the pronunciation of her name, and she liked it that I pronounced it correctly. I continued showing an interest in her, and she just opened like a flower. So appropriate. That smile of hers is just like a flower. Little flower. Petite flower blowing, tilting in the wind. Now then when she brings my food tray, and I am sleeping, she will sing, "Wake up Sleeping Beauty," as she sets my tray down, and will make sure I waken before leaving my room. Quite a personal service rendered!


As she left my room after breakfast this morning she said in her cute little El Salvadorian dialect that she would bring me a salad to augment the skimpy meal that was coming for lunch. My mind pictured a bowl of salad.

Lunch time came.

She brought my regular lunch plate in, then left the room.

In a moment she returned, surely a dance step to her feet as she bounced in on her toes. In her hand was a dinner plate, one of those big smiles on her face, one just like the you see in the picture above, which was taken when she came back to pick up trays at lunch.


The plate was overflowing with a yummy, 'licious looking salad, a salad filled with just the right things for a diabetic to eat! It took a split second for me to realize that was *the salad* she said she was going to make for me! Oh, my goodness!! Did she ever!!

Thanks, Ana.

Kindness begets kindness.

Toodles
Striving for a world without Myasthenia Gravis




No comments: