Saturday, March 22, 2008

Going to a room

View from my cubicle #2
Hip Hip Hooray! Already starting on my third day here - Wednesday. I saw my “neighbor” in the cubicle next to mine, leave for upstairs, and I knew I was next, so it was not a big surprise at 6:15 p.m. when they said I had a room. The surprise was that it was all ready for me. Stephanie said the bed is already turned to accommodate Oscar.
View from my cubicle in Admin/Holding

Linnie has come on duty, and we’ve talked about it being her to take me up again this month as she did the month before. Linnie and my hair is the same color, though our skin differs. Our hair styles are different, though, and She said she stayed out in the sun too long, and got too brown. We got a big laugh out of that last night when she came on duty.

BAM! BAM! Somebody shot those feathers right down out of the sky of happiness and excitement. Change of plans, I am told. An emergency got my bed. Sorry Stephanie. It will be a while now. No telling how long, but I’m guessing another night down here on this stretcher. Jane mentioned getting me a hospital bed when she was by here today, but I was afraid of going to all that trouble, and then, wouldn’t you know it, I’d get called for a room after they‘d gone to all that trouble. Maybe I should have gone on and gotten that bed. Hrump!

Oh, well, there must be a reason for it. I’ll just continue to lie here, and do some writing and graphic designing with my photos. This really would be a good time to practice up on my graphic designs from scratc,. There have been times that I’ve wanted something to use here, but so much of what I have done is on the hard drive in my computer that took a drink of Crystal Light. Yes, maybe this is a good time to put imagination to use
. . . That is, if I can find any imagination, any creativity. It should be around here somewhere. It is not lost, but it seems to be pretty elusive right now, maybe hiding from the new gamma globulins. Maybe it would be best if I should just stick with the photos.

(The above was recorded as a journal entry Wednesday, March 19, 2008)

"If I can help somebody as I pass along,
Then my living will not be in vain."

Toodles
Striving for a world without Myasthenia Gravis

No comments: