Saturday, September 26, 2009

Zig Ziglar on my appreciation

What can I do for someone else today? So many have done so much for me.

No one has done as much for me, I guess, just thinking right now, as the Larson family, who began this year with the death of little Coleman. Not enough can be said about them with Peggy's daily journal's. And then there was Jocelyn's Random Act of Kindness, her giving me a Team Neva Div Up shirt which surpassed anything I could have ever imagined, never in my wildest dreams. Now this was after coming all the way from Texas out here to this little corner of Arkansas to see *Jim and me* while I was yet still in the hospital, believing God had laid it on their hearts. I love it the way they tell it that they were just sitting there, Jim turned around, and said, "Let's go to Arkansas." Up and away, here they came, and spent the whole weekend, doing something for us I could never have dreamed of, bringing miracle after miracle. Literally miracle after miracle, the like of which cannot be retold here. What love, and oh, how much I appreciate everything they shared, still in amazement with ALL they did share with us that weekend. I know they are reading this, and I just want you guys to know how much I love you, and this is on top of everything else.

That was followed by a visit from the Sasser's all the way from Louisiana, but first with a swing by Izmir, Turkey, in the early 60s, where we became as a family in 1964. (See the self-picture of us below ;). In fact Patricia may have become closer than any family member could ever possibly have been with her love for our first born son Jim; Jimmie was there in the delivery room when he was born in 64. Now THAT is pretty close! We love them so!

These are only two expression s that have been done for me recently. I really love you guys.


Team Larson's "Neva div up" shirt, given to me from Jocelyn

Pat and Jimmie Sasser with son jimbo today






EDITED: This accidentally published, and was not yet completed

No comments: