Monday, March 2, 2009

What's happened?


Eric Evans of my past...looong past has posted pictures from our high school days, and I'm flipping out! I've changed the topic of my post, ummm, how many times now? You've got me. I don't know. Every time I get ready to write, something else pops up. My mind's a whirling. I don't know that it was the first thing, but close to the beginning was a post I read about college acceptance/rejection weekend that got me thinking in that vein because we never got to go through that with one of ours.


Robert had been accepted for Who's Who in American High Schools, the one that had to be nominated by the teachers, checked out, and then accepted/rejected. For students acceptance/rejection, for me to go into nurse's training at Baptist Memorial Foundation Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, I had to go to Memphis, spend the night, and take tests both Friday and Saturday. I think it was Friday afternoon through to Saturday afternoon. Oooh the tests were hard. They were math and science that I remember primarily. On Friday night they wined and dined us wiener roast style, bon-fire, transported on the buses that would later transport those accepted to enter the nursing program to Memphis State University for college-type classes there for the first four semesters. What an experience! Get from the hospital - 11:00 a.m. to the university and back - 3:00 p.m. A bite to eat... on the bus on time - NO eating on the bus - arrival to our respective classes on time. Complete our class schedule, and get back on the bus on time, and get back to the hospital for our mid-afternoon classes there on time. On time. On time. Click. Click. Click Click. Be on time. On time. The Army? No. Preparation for click, click, medical care down to a split second it might take to save your life some day. So this was my first thought of what I would do with the rest of my life.




A nurse, a very good nurse who makes her patients happy.


No comments: